Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's

Celebrating new year's eve with people you love is always a treat and I had the privilege of doing so. As I go through another new year, what I tend to do is to reflect on what I have done the past year. Have I achieved what I needed to achieve? What about the accomplishment of my resolutions? Of course as does everyone, my resolutions were lost somewhere in the process but I think I've accomplished the main ones, i.e. scoring a good job, travel more often, spend more time with friends and family, and also, having a healthier lifestyle.

I'm trying to pick out a few highlights of 2012. Here are eight of which I can pull out from the top of my head.


1. Consulting Job

I scored a pretty solid job at an international consulting firm: Accenture. I had an offer to another company but I think I've made the right decision. Some things I have learnt in this firm are really essential for my future if I ever plan to start a business of my own. And the one thing which I have gained which I will never trade off with any other company out there are my colleagues here.


They're the most wonderful people I've met in a very long time.


2. Loved & Lost

This year started with heartbreak for me. Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess probably describes it best. It was a difficult period stretching from April to June. Not a day goes by without me regretting what I have done. Sometimes when I think back, I cry and die a little inside. But what happened, happened already and it was for a very good reason. I trusted God and He helped me through my times of need. During this time, I found two women who would change my life for good. Today, I still thank them for all the great things they have done for me. You girls know who you are.


3. Falling Back into Love

I think it was only until the tail end of the year where I started finding my feet back again. Things were going pretty okay at work, with my friends and my family as well. It was then when I could start falling again without any hesitation and today, things are going pretty well. I'm taking things real slow and no matter where and how this goes, I know I'm glad to have her here right now :).


4. The Last of Last Minutes

This year saw the Last Minutes playing for the last time on stage during the 2012 Music Talent Quest in the University of Nottingham Malaysia campus. We came in second that night but I thought we were pretty damn awesome and anyone who watched the performances could tell that we deserved the number one spot. Also, not forgetting our winning moments in 2010. To those of you who have yet to watch us perform, I can say that you did miss out on something. I think we were really great on stage. We had plenty of chemistry and I would love to reform the band again whenever the chance arises.


5. Company Annual Dinner

It was my first time dressing up for an event. Like really dressed up. Rented a costume and all that. Theme was Burlesque and that's me 2nd from right. That night was pretty crazy! Met a lot of new people and eventually, from there I got the opportunity to be a part of an organising committee for another company event in Penang.


6. Cousin's Wedding

My cousin got married and it was such a privilege to be a part of his entourage and his ring bearer. I cried during the wedding. Obviously. And I was just thinking to myself, how on earth am I gonna go through my wedding without crying? I should cry it all out during the rehearsals the night before. Lol.


7. Reconnecting

This year saw me reconnecting with two of my university mates. We didn't talk much during our time there. Mainly because we were in different courses and they went to the UK for their last two years. But we got a lot closer this year. No idea how it happened, but it did! Even went on a trip to Singapore together not too long ago. I love these two girls to bits. Albeit a bit late, but as they say, better late than never. Today, they're the two girls friends I cherish the most.


8. Europe

Lastly, and certainly not least, my Europe trip with the family. It was THE highlight of the year for me. Spent a good 17 days there. Met new friends, got to see a little bit of history here and there, tasted and explored the different cultures. Details in my later posts. I gotta sort my photos out first. This was taken during my brother's 21st birthday in Paris. We had dinner at a restaurant which had a view of the opera house. Lovely.


I guess 2012 was pretty eventful! I'm looking forward to 2013. I'm currently now working on my first resolution of the year, which is to cut down 5kgs by June. I'm gonna strive for it! Healthy lifestyle, here I come! To those of you who have yet to set any resolutions, please do set achievable ones. Don't go saying things like, "I'm gonna invest in property this year" when you can barely afford to scrap through a month. Then you wouldn't be so bummed or disappointed at the end of the year. The smaller resolutions are the ones more rewarding.

So here's to 2013. May it truly be the year of the snake. Cos I might need that little bit of luck and hopefully a miracle in whatever it is that I do. Happy new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment