Thursday, December 6, 2012

Phone Dilemma

I know I've said I wanted to get the Note II, but it seems like the more I think about it, the more confused I get. I'm not too sure which I would need.


iPhone5
The iPhone5 is thinner, lighter and faster as compared to the previous ones. Best iPhone yet for sure. Outlook is very pretty indeed. Sleek and sexy. Colours are really nice as well. Love the whole black/slate thing going on there. One thing awesome about having an iPhone is the AppStore that Apple has to offer. Robust and huge as compared to the Android's. I also like how the iOS has Facebook and Twitter integration, making it easier for tweet whores like me to post pictures on my social media.

But in terms of functionality, this phone isn't as good obviously. It's so static. I also don't like the fact that they've decided to remove all Google apps and incorporate their horrible Apple maps which sucks so bad. Mines Wonderland was apparently near One Utama according to one of my colleagues who recently got upgraded to the iOS6. Thinner is awesome. But to keep the same width and make it taller, that's just.. I don't know. What about the iPhone6 and 7 then? Make it taller than the previous one I suppose, Tim Cook? You guys can check the specs out here.


Samsung Galaxy Note II
The Samsung Galaxy Note II is probably the most powerful smartphone out there. Functionality of the Android OS is much better than the iOS for sure. Display is beautiful and having a dynamic display as compared to iPhone's static one, really displays the lovely graphics that it has to offer. With the stylus, some functions can be easily done: from cropping a photo to writing notes (rather than typing them). There's so much to do on the artistic side of things. Because of it's huge display, watching videos and viewing photos becomes a very enjoyable thing to do.

But the Google Play store is obviously not as great as the Apple AppStore. The huge phone doesn't fit into many pockets nicely and it might deter movement when you're walking (as explained by one of my friends). Functionality beats iOS for sure, but do I need all those? Do I need so many functions and endless customization on my phone? I do want to keep it simple after all. As compared to the iPhone, it isn't as user friendly. Specs here.


I suppose no matter how you look at it, one phone is always going to be better than the other for any given field. But as a whole, which is? I'll let you guys decide! Poll on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment